Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Back to crafting (and a linky party)

I came back home from the work trip. 
I don't have much to share but something is better than nothing!

The Ongoing Project List:
  1. Play with Me QAL - August pattern ready to stitch
  2. WGACA projects (changed projects)
    1. Charity Quilts for DC General Homeless Shelter project - no progress
    2. SECRET quilt for exhibit - (FDJ) - dropped. Too many other things to do this month
    3. Minion QAL - no progress
    4. Mirror Mirror Afghan - no progress
    5. Hello Block Swap - two blocks done (see below)
    6. Splendid Sampler - one block done (see below)
    7. Road Home Row-A-Long - no progress on finishing my piece
    The EverythingElse List:
    1. 70273 Project - no progress
    2. Jane T - no progress
    3. The SK project - three blocks done (see below)
    4. the 31000 Xs project - no progress
    5. Spirit cross stitch project - no progress
    6. Alice in Wonderland quilt - no progress
    7. As You Wish -  no progress
    8. Crazy optical illusion - no progress
    9. Memory quilt 2 - no progress
    10. Gyleen's BCP Mystery QAL - no progress
    --
    I made two blocks from my July's partner for the  Hello Block Swap.

    Blocks I made for Laura
    --
    I also finished block 36 of the Splendid Sampler project.
    While I like embroidery, I hate french knots and I don't like much the lazy daisy stitch.
    However I wanted to give this block a try as close to the original as possible. 
    In this block I also experimented with glow in the dark embroidery thread (works great) and with the soluble sulky embroidery stabilizer (it was ok... I was able to see the stitches traced on it and it washed away just fine. I didn't particularly enjoyed stitching on it, but probably just because I didn't stabilized properly)

    Block 35
    --
    The only other thing I made are three blocks for my Stephen King project.
    I prepared 5 blocks for my trip as I thought I would have time to make them.
    While I had time, I didn't seem to be in the mood. So I made half of one during the trip and completed the rest yesterday.
    The Long Walk, The Stand, Gerald's Game (7.5''x5'')

    Well, I hope to have a more productive week ahead!

    --
    Oh, I also added some side panels to this great t-shirt I got in the kids section of a shop :) I got the biggest size they had but it was still a little too tight on the belly :) I watched some youtube tutorials and then I gave it a try. Easier than I thought!! It is not perfect but I use it as a pijamas so who cares! Next time I will add less fabric (because now it's a little too big) and I will make it narrower at the top. But as a first experiment this went great!!



    --
    How about you? What are YOU up to?
    Link it here and share it with me!!

    1 comment:

    1. I have read The Stand but not the other two. I will be busy with hand stitching binding today and I plan to finish a book - it is so hot and humid here today (and the rest of the month) that I doubt I will be doing much else that doesn't involve being close to the A/C!

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
    Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

    UA-37918212-1