Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Saturday, December 6, 2014

MOP Monday - the list is shrinking

The list is shrinking!! almost invisible ;)


-- MOP: The Xmas presents list --

1. Topolino quilt (MPB) - all sections quilted, start joining them (this is my project for Lovely Year of Finishes (Dec))
2. the Z quilt (CO) - DOOOOOOONE - off the list
3. convertible bag (IG) - cut the pieces!
4. something (SZ) - potholders done, pouch done!! - off the list

Extras (because if I have tons of projects to finish I need to add some extras anyway O_o):
1. the SK project - designed 3 patterns
2. small project for magazine - the block was not accepted for the magazine :( but this means that I will have a new pattern soon to share in my shop!! :)
3. block swap Nov - done and in the mail! cannot share but off the list
4. block swap Dec - decided pattern and fabric
5. Bonnie's Hunter Grand Illusion - put aside some fabric for this, but no time to actually sew anything so maybe I am going to wait until the mystery is revealed to start it :)
6. Color of the Year mini - the color of the year 2015 has been announced! I designed my yearly mini, more on that after I am done with the Xmas presents ;)


(Linking up at Let's Bee Social)

-- MOP: This week updates--
And finally I can share the finished Z quilt... its official name is actually "Message in a Quilt" and you can read below why.
"Message in a Quilt" 63''x84''

The quilt contains a message in each "element", from the design, to the color/fabric choice, to the quilting! These are the messages:
  1. (easy to see) the three symbols are Fu, Lu and Shou, the symbols for Happiness, Prosperity and Longevity
  2. (easy to read, at least in person) the word "Love", my name and the name of the recipient are quilted using a "text quilting" method shown by Jacquie Gering in the class "Creative Quilting with Your Walking Foot" 
  3. the color chosen represent the colors of the Chakra and they are arranged following that order
  4. the size of the blocks (22) and the size of the strips (3) have special numerology meaning (Number 3 resonates with the energies of optimism and joy, inspiration and creativity, speech and communication, good taste, imagination and intelligence, sociability and society, friendliness, kindness and compassion (from here),The Master Number 22 symbolizes the principle of precision and balance (from here) )
  5. the fabric used is Stonehenge (from Northcott) and the different colors have names connected to elements of nature (Stonehenge is a mystical place in UK, you can read more about it here)
  6. the quilting around the symbol is similar to the traces in the sand of a zen garden
  7. finally (since me and the recipient are scientists) the vertical quilting around the text is arranged following the Fibonacci sequence :)

So this is a quilt full of mystical power, and I am sure it's going to bring good energy for the recipient and for our entire house :)
--
I finished the other two pot holders and I made the zipper pouch! I really love the way they turned out... they are not perfect, but the design has been customized for the recipient and I am sure that she will like them :)  I will send the package next week so I hope to be able to show them off soon (right side up ;))!!
--
All the sections of the Topolino quilts have been quilted and I tested few more times my cheap and quick basting method (you can read more in last week post)!
I think this is the first time that I don't have even a single pucker in my back!! I love this method.
And as you can see, my helper gave her contribution as well, even if for her this is kind of booooring.
"Basting is so yaaaaaaaaaawn boring"
--
And now, what are YOU going to link?? :)

1 comment:

  1. Gosh I love seeing what you have achieved in a week, does make me wonder about my time management hahahaha. I was looking at the Grand Illusions mystery love to see what your fabric choices are :) Oh and I do like the colour of the year, its a bit different I thought :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

UA-37918212-1