Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Disney Patterns completed and new projects in my list

Just few updates:

1. I completed all the patters for the Quilt&Stitch Test Along. I cannot wait to see some of them come alive!! but for my own I will have to wait because I am leaving for a 2 weeks holiday so no stitching for me for a while :) but remember that the Link party for your blocks is open!! So you can add your block there whenever you want!!

2. Last week I forgot to share this little cute Hogwarts Sue that Jennifer @ Sewhooked designed.

I also won a Sunbonnet Sue's Magical Friends pattern so you may see some of the Wand Wielders here soon :)

3. I created another Finger Labyrinth based on my Pattern (available on Crafsty)
Front: 
Back:
Unintentionally I picked a fabric for the border with flowers similar to the one that I choose for the center. I didn't realized it until it was done. Don't you love when those nice coincidence happens?? ;)

4. My September Block Swap partner received my blocks so I can post them here now :)


She asked for a star pattern but I didn't want to make the "classic" ones to I found these two unconventional stars, I made them small and I added a border :) just because I need to be kind of unconventional ;)

5. I was looking for a nice Christmas wall hanging and I came across the Modern Tree QAL @ Christa Quilts. I really like the improv/scrappy version but (as usual) I want to give my spin to the QAL so I didn't follow her tutorial and I instead decided to do it with paper piecing and my Christmas scraps. I didn't follow the tutorial also because I don't have the rules she is using... and I don't like to cut fabric in triangle form anyway :) I think that paper piecing solves beautifully all my problems ;)


So I draw my templates in a random way and collected the fabric: I will take everything with me during my holidays... I will try to paper piece by hand... let's see how it goes :)

6 comments:

  1. So smart of you to draw out a paper pieced pattern for the trees. Way to innovate and not worry about needing the ruler!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment :) I just don't like to cut fabric into any shape before sewing... it's just not working for me, I am never precise enough and the result does not usually look nice... so I always try to find a way to obtain similar results using paper piecing which is a more forgiving method for me!! :)

      Delete
  2. Nice start for the Christmas trees - clever way to tackle them with paper piecing too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the paper piecing tree patterns - you must have way more brain power than me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have lots of great projects going on! I love those star blocks!

    Thank you so much for linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Modern Trees is going to be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

UA-37918212-1